Saturday, January 19, 2008

Some things you should know

These little things have been on my mind lately... little bits of Rainee-trivia that may or may not interest you. :)

1: I sneeze every single time I eat at an all-you-can-eat buffet. Be it Chinese, Mexican, American..... it doesn't matter. Both Lawrence and I know when I'm done.... cuz I start to sneeze. At least 5 to 7 sneezes. And I have no idea why. It's not an over-eating response, I don't think. (altho it could be.... cuz I don't eat normally at those places.) I've tried to figure out if it's the way I sit... maybe my fuller-than-usual stomach pushing up on my diaphragm or something. But even when I try my best not to slouch.... they still come. I even posted this issue at Yahoo Answers. But nobody had a good response. It's my little mystery.

2: I have an HSD. Hormonally Sad Day. I know it's gonna be monthly, REGULARLY, right around the 20th. I'm giving you all a heads up on this because it will definitely show up in the things I write around that time. It's kinda like if life were a stereo system and instead of someone cranking up the bass they crank up the SAD..... The HSD is usually followed up by an IID. Irrationally Irate Day..... The day where MAD is cranked up and I'm cussing the woman in the car in front of me cuz she has unreasonable huge HAIR. After all these years I know myself well enough to not take myself too seriously on these days. Hopefully those around me will give me the same grace.

3: Sometimes I KNOW things. (lol) I ALWAYS know when the phone rings and it's gonna be Lawrence or one of my kids. Little things happen in my day-to-day life and I'll just know. Like if I should wait to tell someone something or answer the phone when it comes up oddly on caller ID. I can't explain it but it's there.... I'm trying really hard to listen to it better. It used to pop up for BIG things.... like the time I had a car wreck.... I heard a voice in my head tell me it was gonna happen but I pushed it out as being ridiculous. Then there was the time I went to this particular nite club (a LOOOONG time ago!) and they had a diamond contest and I knew I was gonna win. And I did. But as I get older it whispers for littler things. I know you probl'y think I'm crazy now. (But I knew you would think that!)

So what's YOUR trivia!???? I really wanna know!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So remember the time we had our 1 and only knock down drag out fight.So hard that we actually started laughing ? That must have been your iid day huh

Rainee said...

lol!!!!!
Yes I remember slamming doors and trying my best not to let you know your punches really did hurt! I had to act so tough! lol......

that prob'ly was an IID but I think I had an angry childhood. (Just ask my little brother and sister.)

Bbear said...

Interesting trivia. When I eat spicy food on an empty stomach I get the hiccups. Only if it's on an empty stomach.

I deal with SAD and in the winter it's really bad, even if I use my SAD light. I can't blame anything for my irrationality. It's just there...

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I like the sneezing issue. I get the hiccups every time I eat bread or potatoes. Very irritating! Think maybe I should give up eating them?? I know it would help my diet.