Thursday, January 3, 2008

So it Wasn't That Bad

Leaving David at the armory was sad yesterday, but.... the way he walked in, all excited.... I couldn't stay sad very long. Then he sent me this email last night:

"heyyy im in montgomery now and everything is going great so far...i cant wait to get up to missouri and get everything started...i was talkin to the recruiters before i left and i AM gonna get to drive a hummer!!! haha its gonna be great...im lookin forward to startin everything and ill talk to ya soon...i love ya"

It's hard to stay sad after that. I laid in bed last night counting my blessings.... and it was actually a happy moment. I've been praying that David would find direction for his life. I didn't know it would come on quite this fast but this is definitely a direction.

It's still weird tho... I keep thinking he's here. When I make that mental grocery list in my head, or lock the doors at night. This morning I was getting dressed for work and it hit me that I don't have to close the bedroom door anymore against the chance that he might walk out of his bedroom and get scarred for life. Cuz he's not IN his bedroom. Trust me.... he was prob'ly still in Albertville when his sister took over that bedroom.

10 weeks and counting now. Til graduation from basic training. Then 10 more weeks of AIT. Then he'll be home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well well well , so the first one has flown outta the nest. I know ( or can imagine) how hard that must have been for you. I remember how hard it was for me leaving when you and Mom amd Kim and Sean Dutro took me to the bus station to go in the AF. I am glad you are happy for him and 20 weeks will fly by like no time , you just wait and see.

Anonymous said...

So, do you know Sean Dutro and can you get in touch with him? I know someone who is looking for him.

She's on MySpace and her name is Andrea, goes by Andee. That is her MySpace name too, so you can look her up.

Rainee said...

I know him but lost touch many years ago.... sorry. I see his sister April sometimes. Maybe she can help??