Sunday, January 6, 2008

Crud Cutter

So David is gone and Melody moved into his room. I spent today cleaning MY room, which is kinda lonely now. :( I finally did something I've been meaning to do for a really long time.... got out the crud cutter and scraped all the stickers off Melody's old chest of drawers. It was like a continuance of the changes that have happened since David announced he was joining the national guard. A scraping away of the "little kid-dom" around here. That sticker collection started when Mel was 2 years old. There were ponies and puppies with rainbow backgrounds. "Jesus Loves Me" stickers.... Chuckie Cheese in all his ratty glory.... But it was time to wash it away. Time to grow up.... time to let baby things go. (ok - PAST time to let baby things go ;)

It's a really nice french provincial chest. It has a partner piece that somehow never got stickered so when we move Mel will have matching bedroom furniture. I'm glad I could get it clean without messing up the finish. That crud cutter stuff is really good.

The adhesive on Lisa Frank stickers is really stubborn, but the last one off was The Spice Girls. I don't know what they used on that one but I had to take a scraper to it. Life keeps moving on, whether I like it or not. Sometimes I think a mom's job sucks.... to love someone so much only to have to let them go in the end. Find yourself on hands and knees cussing the Spice Girls....

But those stickers were way awesome cool while they lasted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm using a thing called crud cutter to get rid of the remnants of childhood how apropos....... Just kidding but I think it is pretty cool that all of these changes are happening at the beginning of a New Year. Looks like perhaps 2008 is gonna be a year of new things for you and yours it really is exciting, once you get past the sadness and focus on the good stuff.

Anonymous said...

found your words while searching for sticker residue remover on son tonys wall. Cool stickers but had to go . Goof off too toxic. Crud cutter will do quite nicely before painting his walls. What I really wanted to say was it is good to always use the right tool for the job. Any job. I like tools.

Anonymous said...

wow . check the dates on those t2o responses. from the same anonymous.