Tuesday, January 1, 2008

And so he goes.....


I thought perhaps this blog might not be as drama-ful as the past ones, but first thing out I face my son going off to basic training for the AL National Guard. Talk about dramatic! My KID is leaving the NEST! While I'm about to bust I'm so proud of him, I cry my eyes out every time I hear a song about soldiers or war. (Note to self: quit listening to country music.) Heck... I get sad when I see a ford f-150 go by. I wanna go out and buy another old one just for the sake of nostalgia and trying to get something back that isn't coming back....... my first born. Not that he isn't coming back in the sense that he might have to go to war and DIE over in some God-forsaken desert.... but even when he comes back from basic, and his AIT... he's gonna be a different kid. He won't BE a kid. This is the last day I will have my boy with me the way it's been since he was born. Me the mom - him the child. No one understands that it's like someone reaching into my chest - ripping out a chunk of my heart - and sending it to some army base in Missouri.

No comments: