Friday, February 20, 2009

so this is the plan...

if I go ahead and link my last two posts together I draw a single conclusion... David going to Afghanistan is already messing up my emotions, which are already messed up by my hormones.... Which equals the potential to gain about 100 pounds before he comes home and he hasn't even left yet.

So I've been thinking up a new strategy to NOT become the next fat person featured on Discovery Health: I'm gonna surround myself with GOOD food. Then even if i over eat or turn to food to alleviate stress I'll be eating healthy. So far I've replaced chips with baby carrots, my beloved peanut butter crunch cereal with kashi heart-to-heart with wild blueberries. And I'm eating oatmeal every morning. Might as well clean out the arteries while I'm workin on it...

Did you know that wild blueberries have like 300 times the antioxident power of ummm... the ones grown on purpose? (Tame blueberries? idk)

I've mostly given up carbonated drinks for fruit juice... or water. but I'm still drinking tea sometimes cuz it's supposed to be good for me too. I do worry about aspartame... but i think I'm gonna hafta cave on that and go back to those little crystal light things for my water... I need flavor!!!

The only thing left is the thing that I can't seem to talk myself into. Exercise!! With 2 jobs I'm on my feet so much of the day already. when I get home I just wanna sleep. rest. That's on the list too... lol.

So there's the plan.... it's worked for a week so I think I can do it. Just gotta remember to switch my butter lover's popcorn to the lite stuff. And eat dinner early. Lord... I feel like I'm chasing my tail....

At least that would be exercise!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tame blueberries LOL............ Good for you at least now you have a plan. A sensible , not over the top plan that I think can work for you IF you stick to it.

I gave up Soda in Jan, I have had maybe 2 since then both at the movies, because, let's face it .....who in the name of all that is good drinks water in the Movie theatre? Anyway there are alot of those lil powdered things now . I used the Lipton green tea ones , cuz green tea is supposed to be good for you. But I have also tried the Crystal Light ones and they actuaully have Propel in powdered form now too, which I love. YOU CAN DO THIS.

P.S. I love you!