Monday, January 26, 2009

Lord Help Me

This morning I was driving to work from my bf's house, thinking about all my blessings, how awesome it is to have such a wonderful relationship, all the things I love about him, etc.... and it occurred to me that I never wanna forget this moment. I don't want to get to a place where I take him and all my other blessings for granted. When I forget the value he has now. I don't want to forget how grateful I am for all the things he does. The ways he makes me laugh and the way he's brought out the courage to be who I am.

Lord help me remember the fishing aisle in the sporting goods dept of the Arab walmart. When I looked in his eyes to see the possibilities after 23 years. Help me remember him digging post holes in my new backyard to I could bring my dogs home. Sitting on the roof at his mom's pulling her dish down so I could have something to watch on tv. Don't ever let me forget walking thru electronics picking up Rock Band 2and everything else he bought us that day. Help me remember all those days I spent biting my tongue so the words "I Love You" wouldn't come out and frighten him off. Driving away screaming it out my sunroof anyway..... when I knew he couldn't hear.

Please Lord don't let my forgetfulness tarnish this blessing You gave me. Don't let time and familiarity cause me to look back one day and realize I let his value slip away. Help me remember how Melody laughs when she's at his house, cuz there's no judgement there, no condemnation. How *I* laugh cuz I'm free to be silly again.

When we've been together for 25 years remind me how much it hurt in the beginning when I had to drive away. Help me remember the awe and respect I felt for a man who is strong and dependable. A man who keeps me safe. Cuz I DO remember how it felt when I was UNsafe....

Help me not to forget the fairytale I'm living... How the first person I ever gave my heart to stole it back from me after so many years. How it feels to finally experience such a perfect fit. Way better than that other chick's glass slipper....

I'm finally home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorry, I am feeling the same as you...down to the ILU's...it's something I thought I'd never feel again after my divorce. But like I told co-workers this a.m. I needed to kiss all those frogs in order to get to my prince. And, thank you Lord, for answering our prayers!!!

I'll be keeping tabs on you now! Love ya!

Rainee said...

Awww..... I'm so glad you found a good guy too!!! It's awesome isn't it?! You need to write me and email and tell me all about it! I miss hearing about your life!!