Sunday, March 2, 2008

fizzling out....

wow.... I got a little behind on the ole blog.... mostly cuz there's not been much to say. I feel kinda useless when I come here that way. Life is boring.... but maybe that's ok.

Today at church the sermon was on forgiveness. We went thru all the scriptures and "things to do" to make sure there wasn't any UNforgiveness in our hearts, etc.... I sat there thinking.... "I've forgiven him for that. I'm not bitter. I can go down the check list and all is well." Til they started the music at the end and then I heard that still small voice ask my heart if I had forgiven all the churches that have fallen short since my band walked out on me during a service at Amazing Grace Church about 10 years ago. Whether they believed him instead of me.... never bothered to check on me (after years of insisting they "loved" me)... preached one thing but did another... unfortunately there has been a ton of rejection in several different ways in a diverse collection of congregations. SO.... I let that go today. It's a big weight off my shoulders. And during the past 10 years I'm sure I've had a chip there too. Congregationally speaking. It's all in the past anyway, and God has fogiven me, so.... I can't exactly hold a grudge now can I? (hehe.... well yes it appears that I can.) This is why I'll never advise anybody in the whole wide world to marry a preacher.

SO that's what happened to me today. Well besides that other thing where I finally thought we had a house to move forward on. But when the consenus was taken it was deemed structurally unsound. I'm sure I'll look back on this one day and breathe a sigh of relief that we didn't get involved in a money pit. Right now.... I'm really frustrated.

But I can write a little more about that stuff later.

2 comments:

Bbear said...

God always meets us right where our need is. It's almost a platitude now, but it is so true, isn't it? I'm glad that you did get that off your shoulders. Forgiveness can be a process, not just a one time thing...I'm finding out. But with His help, that too is possible.

And He'll meet your need about the house too. Don't get too frustrated. Just keep praying. I will too.

Glad to hear what's going on with you...no pressure on posting though.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Forgiveness a wonderful release of feelings? It's like...why didn't I do it before? Granted, it's not easy...but once done, WOW! Kudos and big hugs to you!